Sixy Beast

Sixy Beast is a handle I use sometimes on online discussion forums about food. This blog houses some of my less well organised blog posts, especially restaurant reviews, which for one reason or another haven't made it onto the main blog as a post in their own right.

6.12.2005

Aziza- Outer Richmond - San Francisco - for a Birthday - but NO CAKE :(

This an excerpt from a blog post called Quick Bites which I have separated out for indexing purposes.

Aziza Outer Richmond San Francisco
My birthday would have been another excuse to splash out. Fleur de Lys was crying my name. But after only a couple of seconds consideration I realised that all of my good friends are far more important to me than a formal, expensive meal. I decided I would rather hang out with them somewhere, so I chose Aziza which I had been reading very good things about, especially the pastry chef. There we were 11 of us so we were required to take a prix fixe. Three courses of savoury yumminess. Memorable items included western grasslands kefta skewers, a selection of spreads, especially a walnut one not listed on their menu, with grilled flat breads. Hit of the evening was chicken! Yes, it's true. I rarely eat chicken. But their Basteeya, a baked phyllo pie with a filling of saffron braised chicken & spiced almonds, draped in powder sugar & cinnamon was superb. Light crispy pastry, moist filling. Yum.
More fowl - the grilled hoffman ranch thyme chicken brochettes were amazing. I have never eaten chicken so juicy, well textured and perfectly cooked. One of the main reasons I chose Aziza was because I had heard so much about their pastry chef. Trouble was, we were too full for dessert = no cake on my birthday. This means, of course, I am going to have to go back soon to try the sweet section of the menu. I just have to try a Bowl of Bliss. Thanks to all of my friends for the wonderful evening.
Aziza was a


posted in and and and

1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, June 07, 2006 8:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love this place! I only live a couple of blocks away, so it was the natural choice when my uncle was in town. The food was great, but can you believe there were no belly dancers... because they were all at a belly dancing convention in Hawaii? A belly dancing convention.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home