Sixy Beast

Sixy Beast is a handle I use sometimes on online discussion forums about food. This blog houses some of my less well organised blog posts, especially restaurant reviews, which for one reason or another haven't made it onto the main blog as a post in their own right.

2.22.2005

Re(2): Non-City Dweller Goes to Bottom of the Hill (Conneticut Yankee)

view the full thread here

Funnily enough I was at the Conneticut Yankee less than 2 weeks ago, acclimatizing myself ready for my imminent move to Potrero Hill.

I wasn't really hungry so I ordered something to nibble on - Nachos - and they were really not in the slightest bit good.

Someone else ordered chicken wings which turned out to be the best of the bunch. Very spicy anfd juicy. I would order this, if I end up there again.

Fred's burger was written off as average or below.

Someone else had a quiche which they declared to be nothing whatsoever like a quiche.

All entree portions were HUGE.
In fact, all portions were HUGE.

There is a nice outside with heaters if the live music inside is too loud.

We asked the barman to call us a cab. He was a bit miserable when asked, but met the request anyhow.

Drinks are standard pub style. Don't expect fancy cocktails or anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home